Statement of Principles
Freshly Picked believes in the power of custom apparel and accessories to bring groups and communities together. We want to help our customers create products with designs that are meaningful and unifying, while also recognizing our customers have diverse viewpoints and perspectives, which are reflected in the designs they create.
We use the following standards to balance our customers’ own goals and freedom of expression with the potential impact on others and the general public. We take our role as an expression platform seriously and strive to fulfill it responsibly.
Freshly Picked Content Standards provide guidance for customers in designing custom products. Our Content Standards use a sliding scale from “no” to “go” to account for the range of potential designs, so we can work with customers to create a design that meets these standards. The descriptions under each category are not meant to be exhaustive, and the ultimate decision on whether or not to approve a design will always rest with the Freshly Picked Content Standards team. Freshly Picked regularly reviews these policies and updates them as appropriate.
NO – Freshly Picked will not print designs when we are reasonably confident that they:
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others (see intellectual property policy below)
- Constitute libel or fraud or otherwise violate the law
- Encourage violence or abuse against groups or individuals—including through dehumanization—with potential violence exceptions for authorized US military activities
- Depict graphic violence, including self-harm, with potential exceptions for select historical images
- Constitute or include “hate speech,” i.e., abusive, threatening, or demeaning words, symbols, or images on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation
- Encourage hatred or harassment of private individuals (as opposed to public figures), no matter the reason
- Threaten or encourage physical harassment of public figures or their families or depict them in a discriminatory manner
- Promote, feature, or encourage the use of hard drugs
- Feature explicit sexual content or nudity of a non-artistic/health/medical nature
- Include sexually suggestive images or text involving children
- Encourage animal abuse or cruelty, as typically defined by law
- Promote, feature, or encourage underage drinking, smoking, or marijuana use
- Exhibit gross insensitivity to individuals or communities in grief or mourning
SLOW – Freshly Picked will scrutinize and may not print (or may require changes to) designs that:
- Include defamatory statements
- Uses profanity or expresses hatred, anger, or harsh criticism regarding public figures
- Depicts people as animals (particularly in a way that dehumanizes or encourages violence)
- Include crass vulgarity, lewd language, or swear words
- Feature less-explicit sexual content or nudity, including images of an artistic/health/medical nature
- Have an overtly sexually connotation or tone, including strong sexual innuendo
- Include violent events, terms, or images, such as historical images of violence
- Promote, feature or encourage illegal activity
- Defend an alleged criminal or criminal act
- Advocate for one party in a pending legal dispute
- Might cause public anger or harm
- Include other content that would be offensive to the Freshly Picked community
GO – Freshly Picked will print designs that:
- Use language and images appropriate for adults and children of all ages
- Create a sense of community and are not likely to offend individuals or groups
- Support intellectual property rights by using authorized images and content, including those owned or legally authorized to be used by the customer
Intellectual Property Rights of Freshly Picked and Third Parties
Freshly Picked is committed to the appropriate and legal use of the intellectual property of others, and we require our users to behave similarly. Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs and written and other materials that appear on the Freshly Picked Site (collectively the "Contents") are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by Freshly Picked.
Freshly Picked is the owner of the Freshly Picked trademark; other trademarks made available through this Site, including logos, slogans, color schemes and design trademarks, are licensed for use by Freshly Picked from Institutions and other third parties (the "Licensed Marks"). By using the Freshly Picked Site, you agree to limit your use of Licensed Marks to uses that are directly related to such third parties and to comply with any restrictions or conditions imposed on the use and access of the Licensed Marks by the third parties. Freshly Picked will notify you of such terms if your usage is in violation of such terms.
Generally, products created using images available on the site should not be resold commercially. In the event that you wish to resell such products, you agree to contact Freshly Picked and verify the legality of reselling such products prior to doing so. Designs created using the text tools and images available through the site are in no way the exclusive property of the customers who assemble such designs. Freshly Picked retains the right to display such designs or offer them (or variations of such designs) to other customers.
Additionally, Freshly Picked has the sole discretion to reject any order that it considers libelous, defamatory, obscene, profane (according to standards established by the FCC), portraying irresponsible use of alcohol or other substances, advocating persecution based on gender, age, race, religion, disability or national origin, containing explicit sexual content or is otherwise inappropriate for Freshly Picked production.
You agree to not use Freshly Picked Service to create any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party.